Einführung in Genetik Schulung
This course has been created for people who want to make reasonable decisions related to genetics, e.g.:
- managers introducing new products using genetically modified plants
- researchers whose main area or expertise is not genetics but they need to feed the results of genetic research into their work
- computer programmers who are going to deal with data related to DNA
- forensic experts, judges, lawyers, who need to make decisions based on DNA profiling (aka DNA testing or DNA matching)
It can be helpful for people who simply want to understand how genetics works.
It is a more narrative course in terms of the story, starting from the very origin of life and explaining how our genetic code has evolved over time and how can we trace the ancestry of human evolution.
Using the story of evolution, the trainer introduces you into scientific lingo and explains the workings of genes, DNA and RNA, heredity and natural selection.
The lecture is intertwined with simple exercises, quizzes and tests to make sure you understood the concepts and facts.
This course does not cover moral, political or religious point of view of genetics, but presents confirmed facts, not theories or conjectures.
- History of Earth
- History of Life
- How can we be so sure about "LUCA", the last universal common ancestor.
- How to read molecular sequences
- Why evolution is an established scientific fact, not a theory
- The "Cauldron" and appearance of RNA
- How primitive forms of life exchange their genetic code
- What can we read from fossil vestiges
- Two groups of bacteria
- How organism became multicellular
- From bacteria to humans
How an organism work
- How energy is extracted and used
- Mutations and evolution
- Is natural selection a theory or a fact?
Brief history of homo sapiens
- How do we know that we come from Africa?
- Prehumans (2mln years ago)
- Human brain and neurons
- The price for big brain
- Modern humans
- Genes and race
- Modern evidence of evolution
- Genome, genetics, DNA, RNA and chromosomes explained
- Tracing maternal ancestors, mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA Tests)
- Tracing male ancestors (Y Line Tests, Y chromosomal DNA test)
- How cloning works?
- DNA matching, how a genetic code of a single cell related to a person DNA
- The Gnome project
- What causes Cancer
- HIV and AIDS
Genetics and the Industry
- How can we change the DNA to improve food production
- The history of penicillin, we do not have to do it at random
- Genetics and live stock, current state and the future
- Genetics and drug production
Je mehr Teilnehmer, desto höher die Ersparnis pro Teilnehmer. Die Tabelle reflektiert den Preis pro Teilnehmer und dient zur Veranschaulichung. Die tatsächlichen Preise können jedoch abweichen.
|Number of Delegates||Öffentlicher Klassenraum||Privater Fernkurs|
Zu teuer? Schlagen Sie einen Preis vor >>