Apache Web Server Administration Training Course
This course has been created for Web site administrators, Web masters or anyone wishing to set up or maintain a Web server.
Apache is the most popular Web server used on the internet. It is Open Source software and works well with other Open Source software such as Linux and MySQL. This course shows how to set up a simple Apache Web server under Linux and how to enhance it into a fully functional commercial web server capable of supporting sophisticated Web sites.
- What is a web server?
- Apache and the Web
- HTTP overview
- Apache Installation Overview
- Lab: Install Apache
- Web site requirements
- Performance issues
- Apache configuration file
- Apache modules
- Shared versus built in modules
- Lab: Set up a simple Web site
- Error Logs
- Enabling transfer logs
- Customised logging
- Log filters
- Log file analysis tools
- Log file management
- Lab: Enable logging
- Server status and info
- Common Gateway Interface
- Perl and mod_perl
- Java servlets, JSP and Tomcat
- Integrating Apache and Tomcat
- Lab: Enable several forms of dynamic content
- Controlling access by hostname and IP address
- Using mod_auth password authentication
- Using database authentication
- Lab: Enable authentication and access control
- Web security issues
- The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Lab: Install Apache with SSL
- HTTP authentication
- Apache authentication directives
- Authentication using PHP
- Lab: provide a password protected web page to access order database
- IP bases virtual hosting
- Name based virtual hosting
- Port based virtual hosting
- Bulk virtual hosting
- Virtual hosting with mod_rewrite
- Lab: Enable virtual hosting
- Guided tour of other Apache modules
Managing Web Content
- FTP access
- Lab: Using WebDAV
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price