Building Applications with XML, XSD and XSL Training Course
This course is delivered in German or English.
- EDI, SGML, HTML, XML: hype or real?
- The Move from EDI to XML
- Comparing HTML and XML
- Key ideas within the XML recommendation
Modeling Tools and Usage of UML
- Making a model.
- XML generating capabilities of Case tools
- Why do we need a data model?
- Automatically generating a DTD or schema.
- Reverse engineering an XML file
- The root element
- Empty elements
- Mixed content
- Well formed XML and Valid XML.
- Markup and content rules.
- Entities and PIs
- Using processing instructions
- Usage of external entities
- Internal and external DTD
Document Type Definition
- Making a DTD based on a model.
- DTD rules and techniques.
- Declaring elements and Attributes
- Simple entities and Parameter entities
- Graphically modeling a DTD
- Limitations of DTDs
CDATA and Comments
- Adding non-parsed data to the XML file
- CDATA Statement usage
- Adding scripts to an XML file
- Adding binary files to an XML document
- Usage of comments within an XML file
- Difference between comments and CDATA
- Why do we need Namespaces?
- The default Namespace
- Reserved Namespaces
- Usage of the target namespace.
- Setting up a Namespace for your company
- Usage of Namespaces in a schema
- Namespaces in a Stylesheet
- Multiple Namespaces in one document
- The XSI namespace
- Working with simpletypes
- Exercises with restriction, Union and list
- XSD and regular expressions
- XSD and namespaces
- Import and include exercise
- Complextypes specifics
- Exercise with complexcontent and simplecontent
- Reusing and importing XSD types
- Using XPath basic instructions
- Document root, finding child nodes
- The current context element
- The 7 node types explained
- XPath Axes
- XPath Functions
- Overview of XPath function categories
- Node, Numeric, String, Boolean functions
- Using templates
- Variables and parameters, xsl:variable
- Performing repetition and conditional processing
- Using XSLT functions
- Using recursion
- Loop structures in a style sheet, xsl:for-each
- If-then statements and choose issues
- Programming tips and tricks
- Namespace issues inside a stylesheet
- Accessing external documents
- Advanced stylesheet usage
- Overview of XSL-FO
B2B Integration Tools
- Overview of the market.
- BizTalk and Oracle demos.
- Building or buying a solution?
- Comparing popular B2B tools.
- B2B Messaging
- EAI (Enterprise Application Integration)
- Self routing and non-routing documents.
- The ebXML and BizTalk framework.
- What is SOAP?
- SOAP messages.
- SOAP and RPC.
- Tightly versus Loosely coupled systems
- Wire level security.
- Message level security.
- Private and Public Keys
- Certificates, Hashes and Signatures.
- Encryption and authentication in SOAP
- Using security namespaces
XML A2A Architectures
- Why XML based Application to Application?
- The Wire, Description and Discovery Stack
- Sending XML to a database
- XML usage in Office tools
UDDI, WSDL and ebXML
- The ebXML initiative examined
- WSDL and UDDI.
- Why is the ebXML concept so important?
- The UDDI toolkit
- Registering a webService
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
SelfStudySelf-study courses allow you to learn at your own pace on your own time. There is no live instructor involved. The participants use recorded video, quizzes and reading at their own convenience.
Price not set yet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Base Classroom Price|
Too expensive? Suggest your price