MOD Architecture Framework (MODAF) Overview Training Course
MODAF is an internationally recognised enterprise architecture framework developed by the MOD to support Defence planning and change management activities. It does this by enabling the capture and presentation of information in a rigorous, coherent and comprehensive way that aids the understanding of complex issues.
- Enterprise Architects, the principal customers for MODAF views, who need to both correctly interpret standard MODAF views provided to them and to specify and control the tasks required to create new views
- Architectural modellers who need guidance on the creation and interchange of MODAF views (including for example: architecting principles, view coherence rules and tool selection criteria)
- Tool developers and engineers who are implementing architectural data repositories for storing and manipulating MODAF Architecture data elements
- Trainers and educators who require reference material in order to appropriately train and support the previous types of MODAF users
- MODAF users who wish to contribute to the development of MODAF
- Managers who need to understand what views are required to answer their particular questions
Overview of MODAF
- MODAF Framework
- MODAF Viewpoints
- Relationship Between MODAF Viewpoints
- Key Supporting Elements to MODAF
- Ensuring Architectures are MODAF compliant
MODAF Documentation Suite
Benefits of Developing MODAF Architectures
- Quantifying MODAF Benefits
- Benefits to MOD communities of Interest
Approach to developing MODAF Architectures
- General Approach to Developing MODAF Architectures
- Practical Applications of General Approach to MODAF Architectures
- COI-Specific Architecture Processes
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price