Transact SQL Advanced Training Course
Delegates will gain an understanding of some of the more advanced features of Transact SQL as well as being able to do each of the following:
- Use queries to return complex result sets
- Manage database objects to aid query performance
- Tune queries to perform more efficiently
This course is for anyone who currently uses Transact SQL to extract data from a Microsoft SQL Server database and wishes to expand their knowledge particularly in the areas of data analysis and improving query speed.
- Use of advanced summary functions
- Use of hierarchical queries
- Use of analytical summary functions, e.g. moving averages, running totals
- Use of ranking functions
Useful Database Objects
- Principles of using indexes
- How to create and maintain an index
- Use of clustered tables
- Use of partitioned tables
- Use of metadata in the master database
Query Performance Tracing
- Principles of query execution and optimisation
- Use of Execution Plan
- Use of table & index statistics
- Use of hints
Basic Data Warehouse Techniques
- Use of Indexed Views
- Use of Dimension & fact tables
- Use of Star & Snowflake designs
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price